Thursday, July 26, 2007

TELL MY STORY, TOO

I just found this book from Amazon this summer and I love it. It's all about the pioneer stories, especially about the Willey and Edward Martin handcart cos. I feel badly that my beloved grandchildren are really not interested in learning what their great great grandparents did as children or young adults even though they did much to shape the unborn lives of my grandchildren. I tried to tell Lyssy about them before she went on the "trek". I even told her to look on the wall in Wy. where all the names of the handcart people and the rescuers are listed. She would be surprised of how many there are who are our ancestors.
But someday, all my children will be very interested and be thankful for what went before them. It is a great book - tells one page stories so is easy to read. I love it.

No comments: