Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sarah's Key


Sarah's Key

By: Tatiana DeRosnay


This story is about the holocaust, BUT it takes place in France! I had never heard of this trouble there. Apparently, after Hitler took over France, he had the French people gather up their Jewish people, sort them out, keep them, then sent them off to Auschwitz. This little girl (10) hid her brother in a hidden cupboard, locked up, expecting to return in a few hours. It was a place that those children played. As it turned out, the girl did not come back in a few hours...so the book ensues.


It is an interesting story. I was not happy how the story ended, I would like to discuss it!


It was interesting to find out about these facts that really happened, but the subject matter is not easy, or happy.


I am hoping my next book is happy, funny, easy, uplifting, intriguing!

No comments: