Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, Tanner!!

















To my dearly beloved Tanner man,
If you were the greatest man of Siam
Or if you were a Samuri of Japan
Or if you were the toughest in an Irish Clan
I would still be your greatest fan!
Now you live so far away from me,
We cannot plan to visit and have some tea.
You cannot dust my stairs or swat a bee,
Or pull some weeds for a big phat fee!
But I still love my Mr. T!
Now it's your birthday, I cannot celebrate,
You already did that, and sushi you ate!
You started school yesterday, I hope you weren't late,
You are now ten and the master of your fate.
Please always remember there is one little thing
I've said it before and it is comforting -
Wherever you go
And
Whatever you do -
You're never alone
For my HEART follows you!
Love, Nana
Tanner was born on a Wednesday - He was 4lbs, 13 ozs - - 18 and 1/2" long.




2 comments:

Julie/mom said...

Good job, mom!

Candice said...

That is your best poem mom! I loved it! Thank you for all your kind words. I'll make sure Tanner reads it today after school.