Friday, August 29, 2008

Love The One You're With

Love The One You're With
by: Emily Giffin

I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed the protagonist. She was so well written, I could hear her in my head! I feel like Emily writes just like a girl thinks, it cracks me up.

This is a story of a young, happily married woman. Lovely husband, living in NYC. Her mother died when she was 13, she has a tumultuous relationship with a boyfriend that she is not sure she ever got over. Those two facts seem to color so much of her life and how she handles herself. It is funny and tender. At parts you want to yell at her to go another path, but that is how we all are, we don't travel in a straight line, neither does she.

It was a good book, I think the best of Emily Giffin so far. You should read it!

No comments: