Sunday, November 23, 2008

Baby Shark's High Plains Redemption

Baby Shark's High Plains Redemption
by: Robert Fate

I saw this book reviewed - the reviewer said she was laughing; so enjoying this book; so I got it. It is NOT funny. It is better than ok, but not great. I probably think it was not great because I was expecting a funny book.

It is a detective mystery set in the 1957. If you are looking for that, this is very good. The main character is a VERY strong woman, which is nice. This is apparently the 3rd book in the series. I wasn't thrown off. I was just always looking for the laughter, never found it.

For a detective mystery, I like Robert Crais better, but this was fine in a pinch.

Baby shark - that is a nick name for the main character. She is a "pool shark" and a detective. she works with a man; Otis.

No comments: