Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Sugar Queen

The Sugar Queen
by: Sarah Addison Allen

I judged this book by it's cover....and I was NOT disappointed! I quite enjoyed this book. Very sweet, engaging, interesting, a fun read.

It starts out with the woman who lives with her mean mother. The woman, Josey is in her early 30's, I think. She is somewhat unhappy, just trying to make her mother happy. She finds a stranger in her closet (!) that helps her change her life. The stranger helps steer her to a better path.

Then there is another character, Chloe, who is in love with her boyfriend, but feels she must break up with her boyfriend. She is "dogged" by books. Very interesting, yes, I know, it is a bit science fiction, but just let your imagination roam free!

This is the author's second book. I now have her first book on my dresser, Garden Spells. I will read it as soon as I am done with my Robert Crais book, which I am also really enjoying.

No comments: