Sunday, February 1, 2009

Band of Brothers


I had to read this book for a technology leadership class. I had to pick 2 out of a list of 10 or so, and this looked interesting. HBO also has a series of about 7 episodes that I have heard are very good of this movie.

I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. It gave me a good appreciation for what soldiers went through in World War II to keep the world safe, and I got the feeling that the author worked really hard to get all the details as accurate as possible. It comes highly recommended.

My suggestion is to read the first couple pages or so. If you don't like it, then you probably won't like the rest of the book. His style of writing stays pretty same through the whole thing.

2 comments:

Tim Glenn said...

Was this the Stephen Ambrose version?

I read this for a military history course after I had seen the series, it was interesting to go back and watch the series again after reading the book.

Christopher said...

Yep, it's the one by Stephen Ambrose. I watched the series after as well. I was surprised at how close it actually stayed to the story. They did a good job.