Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Lace Reader

The Lace Reader
by: Brunonia Barry

I am sure I got this book because I saw it on some list that it was good. Well, the author of that list and I apparently have two different ideas of good. It is really good if you like a headache! Ugh!

I am just glad it is over. Do not read. But just so you know, it is about a woman who grew up in Salem, abusive father, crazy mother, had Aunt raise her as her own. In the last 3 pages of the book we find out that she is a bit crazy. We have been reading about her twin sister who killed herself as a senior in high school. Apparently that twin sister was born dead. Whatever.

I got very frustrated with all the domestic abuse. You don't really read about it, but it is there and annoyingly frustrating. As Oprah says, "if he hit you once, he will hit you again".

In the end, the woman is seeing 3 different psychiatrists. Let's hope she gets better.

No comments: