Saturday, May 17, 2008

Body Surfing


Body Surfing
by: Anita Shreve
I got this book because I have read another book by her, Midwives, which I thought was interesting.
I liked this book. It's tempo was different, the writing was different. It is written from the perspective of a 29 year old woman who ends up being a tutor for a rich 18 year old girl that seems a bit slow. She is to help her to pass her SAT's. The woman has been married twice - divorced once and widowed once.
My library categorized this book as a romance. I guess it is, but I think the Twilight series is WAY more romancie, (yes, I made that word up, but who reads this blog anyway.)
Go ahead, read it!

3 comments:

G Dawney said...

Most of us read your blogs, Julie-girl, we are just intimidated by your reading prowess!

And I think "romancie" is a perfectly fine word.

And I know you all loved the Twilight series, but, really--I won't have anything to do with it if it's vampires.

Nana said...

Me!

Candice said...

I read it all the time!