Monday, May 12, 2008

Plain Truth


Book: Plain Truth
by: Jodi Picoult
I was VERY excited to read this book. It is about the Amish people. I knew that someone had a baby and that the book was a mystery. I thought it would be about an Amish girl who got pregnant, but would not tell how the father was, mystery ensues.
It was not that at all. It was AWFUL!!
The Amish girl has a baby right off the bat, says she never had the baby. The baby is found, dead in a trash can after being alive. Who killed the baby? It was awful. There was NO thought for that baby. I could not read it, I skimmed through to find out what happened. In the end, it was the Amish girl's mother that killed that baby!!! Oh my! It made me angry. The end of the book was just a sad pat on the back for the poor Amish mother. Gross. The answer to problems is NOT murder! Do NOT read this book. Do NOT read this awful author. I can't imagine sitting down at the computer and writing such a horrible story line. How she came up with it, thought about it, wrote about it, then thought it a great idea to publish it. Gross. Gross. I hope one million people read my review.

2 comments:

Nana said...

You sold me on NOT reading this book!

Anonymous said...

Good words.