Friday, October 17, 2008

The Heartbreak Pill


The Heartbreak Pill
by: Anjanette Delgado
Here is the story on this book: I like to go to the mall to the big book store and see all their very exciting and tantalizing books. I always have paper and pen and I write all the books down that I would like to buy. Then I go to the library and look for those books. THIS book looked very funny and interesting. The "blurb" on the back is something like, "wouldn't it be nice to take a pill to get over your heartache instead of going through it? Erica has made this pill!" It seemed funny. Sadly, I couldn't find the book at my library! I decided to ask the library to get it. I asked and a few weeks later the library called and said they would buy it!
Happily, I got the book. My expectations were too high. I thought it was good, but the story was different than I thought. It was a bit more crass than I thought.
I thought the story would be about her taking the pill, feeling better, dating, etc. It was about her horrible divorce, her horrible sadness, her deciding to do something about it - she is a scientist at a medical lab that makes a migraine medication. The author is a Latina and she speaks a LOT of Spanish. I felt like I really needed to finish the story because I requested the library buy the book. I hope others at the library like it better than I did. Read the book below this instead, So Brave, Young and Handsome. It was way better.
I am still grateful that the library got it for me. That was very nice.

No comments: