Friday, October 31, 2008

John 3:16


John 3:16
by Nancy Moser

I picked this book up on the fly at the library. I figured that it was written by a Christian author (with a title like that) and I was looking for something uplifting. It turned out to be very good. I will find more books by this author.

The story brings together multiple story lines--people who are about to be affected by a John 3:16 sign at a football game. Again, this story is told from multiple points of view and I am finding that I really like that approach. A woman going through the anguish of infertility, a father whose life is completely wrapped around his son's football abilities, the son whose life has been deeply affected by God and a woman who gave up a baby for adoption twenty years ago. Really well written--although it does get slightly preachy every now and again. The story lines are nicely intertwined with one or two very unexpected surprises. Has a very realistic ending--rather than the "happily ever after" thing that you may be expecting.

1 comment:

Julie/mom said...

This one sounds good too.