Monday, October 13, 2008

So Brave, Young, and Handsome


So Brave, Young, and Handsome
by: Leif Enger
This book is by the same author as Peace Like a River.
I REALLY enjoyed this book. I loved how it was written, such great words. I enjoyed the story. It is NOT an action packed book, it is more about how the author writes that I enjoyed.
This book takes place around the turn of the century, I think. There is a little family in Minnesota, husband, wife and little boy. The husband wrote a fabulous book that sold well. He tries to write another book and just can't. He feels frustrated. They meet a man who is living down the way from them and this man takes them all on quite an adventure.
It is about love, respect, forgiveness, choices, and being true to yourself.
Please someone read it, I really want to talk about the title!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Okay, I'll get it today!